SAYAN KHAMITZHANOV: “WE INTEND TO KEEP STANIMIR AND TO CONTINUE COOPERATION WITH HIM”
Domestic and foreign media continue to speculate on the future fate of the Coach of FC Astana Stanimir Stoilov and the club’s players. The correspondent of KazFootball.kz appealed to the President of the capital club Sayan Khamitzhanov with a request to comment on these rumors.
23 декабря, 2017
- Sayan Zhaksygeldievich, recently Stanimir Stoilov’s agent Mircho Dimitrov said that he offered his client’s services to Russian top clubs. Does this mean that the Bulgarian specialist will no longer be in Astana in the next season?
- We continue to conduct negotiations with representatives of Stanimir Stoilov, by the way, there is no Mr. Dimitrov among them. We intend to keep Stanimir and continue cooperation with him. As soon as there is something official – the media and our fans will learn about this, as they say, first-hand.
- In your recent interview, there was criticism of the current coach of the National Team of Kazakhstan Aleksandr Borodyuk and you said that you would not mind Stanimir Stoilov’s departure to the National Team. How realistic is this option?
- To begin with, that was not a criticism of Borodyuk personally or a doubt about his professional qualities. In football it happens that due to some objective reasons a coach, player or functionary may not work out in a club or even a country, and we saw many examples on the world level. I simply noted that Aleksandr Geinrikhovich did not manage to achieve results at the beginning in Kairat, which in itself should have alerted the people who made the decision about his appointment to the National Team. Unfortunately, he was not able to achieve results in the National Team – 6 defeats in 7 matches in 2017, and in football, as you know, the result runs the show. In this regard, I think the decision about his appointment to the National Team was erroneous. At the same time I do not rule out that in the future Borodyuk will still achieve great success in the coaching field.
As for Stanimir, I reasoned first of all as a specialist, who was asked about Stoilov’s ability to coach the National Team of Kazakhstan. I really believe that he is the best candidate in terms of his knowledge in the field of opportunities for Kazakhstan players, understanding their mentality and his coaching abilities.
- Discussions on the fate of Patrick Twumasi, who Spartak from Moscow is allegedly interested in, continue in the Russian media. Is there truth in these rumors?
- Both we and Spartak have repeatedly denied this information. None of the Russian clubs contacted our club on the acquisition of Twumasi.